Monday, April 21, 2008

White Collar Cliches (Part II)

I remembered the 5th Cliche most commonly heard from the white collar hipsters:

5. "My question is..."

Like you are sitting there in a conference call, or in my case, overhearing this. Three people are talking and Helga, the VP of sales for one of the divisions goes "My question is...". The other two keep talking but, in a showing of pure ego, the VP goes "My question is..."

I just picture everyone else getting up in the morning and going "Gosh, I wonder what Helga's question is going to be today". Then, when she finally decides to share it, everyone stops, puts their head on their fists in anticipation and awaits that burning question.

So to recap, here are the top 5 white collar chiches:

1 ."The latest and greatest"

2. "Shoot me an e-mail."

3. "Vaca" short for vacation

4. "At the end of the day"

5. "My question is..."

1 comment:

staticwarp said...

i have actually encountered an entire sub-race of humans, mostly consisting of very fat women and very skinny men who are dating one another. every few sentences will be punctuated by a very loud "UUUMMMM, OKAY, MY THING IS"
and so, since i discovered this race of people, i figured i should name them. i call them the UMMMOKAY people. i hadnt realized that strange and cliched speech habits also affected the white collar workforce.