Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Lunch Room

And you thought the bathroom was bad...

The smells that emanate from this foul room...

There are two smells that I associate with the lunch room: fish and broccoli.

Why someone would bring leftover fish and heat it up in the microwave in front of ten other people is beyond me.

I bring peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch. I run in the lunch room, get my lunch and run out without breathing. It should be an Olympic event.

I drink water all day so I keep one bottle at my desk and one bottle in the freezer. Well, for a while the water was tasting awful, I mean, just awful. I got new bottles, I changed the source were I got the water from. Nothing.

One day, they cleaned out the refrigerator, the next day, amazingly enough, the water tasted just fine. What does that mean? Well, it means that the old, nasty stuff in the frig was causing the air that was circulating in the freezer to marinate my water with it's vile odors.

Grown people, people with jobs that require responsibility are in the end, pigs.

I do not leave Lean Cuisine in the freezer for six months or that carton of blueberry yogurt sitting there for the duration of the presidential primaries. I leave my stuff there in the morning and it's gone by noon.

The good thing is that the company is having the cleaning dude clear out the frig every night now. If you leave something in there it is gone in the morning. Thank god and Joe Pesci for small miracles.

Now only if they would get rid of the microwave...

Bon appetit!!!

No comments: