Friday, April 18, 2008

White Collar Cliches

I figured my first real post about the accounting lifestyle should be about my #1 pet peeve...white collar cliches.

What are white collar cliches? Well, they are words or phrases you might find yourself hearing in a corporate work place.

Here are the five that I hate the most. Also, the only five I can think of:

1 ."The latest and greatest" (Hi, accountant, have you updated that spreadsheet...ok...great...if you can just shoot me over the latest and greatest version), This leads me to...

2. "Shoot me an e-mail."

3. "Vaca" (hey welcome back, how was your vaca?) Pronounced (Vay-Kay)

And, the one that makes my skin crawl...

4. "At the end of the day"

I once was sitting with some dude in his office and I swear he said "at the end of the day" twenty times in a three minute stretch.

For the love of god, stop, just stop using that expression

So did you notice I only listed four? Well, so did I...I forgot the other one...I will update it as soon as I remember.

Now, I have never met anyone who I have heard use all four, if I ever do, I am sure you will read about me in the crime blotter. Something about a shank and hysterical behavior.

No comments: