Thursday, May 1, 2008

Familiarity

So, yesterday, my boss had to go home early because her stomach was bothering her. Today, she's back and feeling better. But, if that was all that happened there would not be a blog posting, would there?

I am sitting at my desk, working, I swear, when Fern pops into my boss's office, which is right across from me. Now, remember, we are at work, we are not at home, there are certain things I really do not care to hear from people that are not in my immediate family. But, without a care in the world, Fern lets out with this story:

Fern: You feeling better?

Boss: Yes, thank you

Fern: I remember this one time I had diarrhea and I was driving home and my leg started to go numb...I finally made it home and to make a long story short...

If I was to ever say anything like that to anyone, much less someone I work with, I would die.

Now, you could say that maybe that are close friends and I would say no, they are not, my boss just started four months ago.

Not only is Fern telling this to a someone that is not a close friend or relative, she's telling this in a manner that people in the general vicinity can hear!!!

The sad/annoying/gross thing about this is that it is not all that uncommon to hear stories like this. I am just telling the one I remember but will hopefully block out.

TMI!!!

No comments: